1. Managing all compliance correspondence between clients (± 500 clients) and SARS with respect to:
- Tax return submissions
- Provisional tax return submissions
- Tax queries from SARS
- IT14 SD’s
2. Preparing tax returns for individuals (± 75 clients)
3. Preparing other tax returns such as:
- Dividend returns
- Royalty withholding tax returns
- EMP501 reconciliations including reconciling of the payroll
- VAT/PAYE returns
4. Attending to individual and trust income tax verifications
5. Preparation of applications for:
- Foreign tax clearance certificates
- Normal tax clearance certificates
- Letter of Good standing
- VAT/PAYE registrations
6. Uploading of financials for tax return submissions on E-Filing
7. Attending to general tax queries from clients and SARS
8. Preparing ‘simple’ tax returns for companies and trusts (± 50 clients)
9. Managing tax databases which will include provisional tax ‘runs’
10. Preparing invoices for all tax work done
Must have the following computer literacy:
- SARS E-Filing
- Excel, Easy-File
- Caseware (will be helpful)
- Qualified Tax Practitioner with at least 8-10 years individual/company tax experience
- Must be prepared to visit SARS to handle queries
- Must have a good understanding of income tax legislation
- Ability to handle a large portfolio of clients, and handle conflict situations
- Ability to work in independently in a highly stressful environment with busy tax periods
- System orientated individual that has the ability to plan and manage their own tasks effectively
- Must have some knowledge of how an audit firm operates
- A team player that works well in a team orientated environment
- Flexibility to work overtime if/when required
- Will need to report to 3 Audit and Tax Partners
- Candidate must be registered with a Professional Body i.e. SAIT/SAIPA
Nwanda Incorporated is an accredited SAICA Training Office that provides Trainee Accountant learner ships to students that are interested in serving their SAICA articles in order to qualify as a Chartered Accountant.
We recruit students that have recently matriculated, are studying towards a BCom (Accounting) degree or have graduated with a BCom (Accounting) degree.
Minimum Requirements for eligible candidates:
- Minimum average of 70% for Mathematics in their Grade 12 year.
- Consistently good academic record.
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills.
- Candidates must be a South African Citizen and reside in Gauteng.
How to apply:
- High school students: send us your Grade 11 or Grade 12 results (Mathematics prerequisite) together with a short passage detailing why you are interested in a career in finance, accounting and auditing.
- Undergraduates: send us your CV, matric results and university results.
- Postgraduates: send us your CV, matric results and university results.”